No results on your first attempt? No problem!Here are a few tips to guide you on BenchSci:
- If you're on the Reagent platform, start your search by choosing your product type (e.g. antibody, CRISPR gRNA, RNAi...)
- Next, add your target name or gene name to the search bar
- Choosing one of the recommendations in the dropdown — the protein/gene name will show Benchsci's preferred name in cases where you used one of its aliases.
- Narrow down your search by adding filters (e.g. using the side filters)
- If you have applied multiple filters try removing some. You can simply mouse over each filter
and click the x on the main search bar. We recommend adding most of your filters one at a time so you can evaluate your results at each step.
- Check both figures and products results tabs — sometimes there might not be any associated figures but there might be products and vice versa
Keep in mind: some protein targets may not have a vast number of citations, may not be widely studied or not have many commercial antibody products available.Still have questions?
We're happy to help, so please let us know using the in-app chat or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.