It's big. And it's only getting bigger!
BenchSci has the world’s most powerful and comprehensive biomedical experiment-focused dataset and ontology, built using proprietary machine learning models that understand more than 23 million experiments like a Ph.D. scientist. There are over 32 million products in our database, and we cross-reference these to over 10 million scientific publications from both open- and closed-access publishers, including supplemental data from those publications.
We augment this data with over 3.4 million vendor-supplied figures and 148,000 figures from third-party validators. These data are regularly updated, so the numbers are always increasing. All these data are also matched with our own metadata, showing you trends in reagent usage across the published literature.
We analyzed over 11 million open- and closed-access publications - that's a lot!
All of our open-access content includes articles published on PubMed Central within the last 15 years. Including many papers that are subject to the National Institute of Health (NIH) 2008 Open Access Policy, ensuring that all publications describing research funded by the NIH are made publicly available within 12 months of publication.
Our closed-access content includes articles from our publishing partners listed here:
- Springer Nature
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS)
- Wolters Kluwer
- The Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA)
- Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology (FASEB)
- American Society for Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics (ASPET)
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)
- American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (ASBMB)
- Taylor & Francis
- Mary Ann Liebert Inc.