No results on your first attempt? No problem!
Here are a few tips to guide you through BenchSci's reagent selection applications:
- If you have access to multiple reagent and model system types, start your search by choosing your product type (e.g. antibody, CRISPR gRNA, RNAi...)
- Next, add your target name or gene name to the search bar
- Choose one of the suggestions in the dropdown — the protein/gene name will show BenchSci's preferred name in cases where you used one of its aliases.
- Narrow down your search by adding filters
- Check out our Learning Modules for more comprehensive guides to using BenchSci
Still no results?
Keep in mind: some protein targets may not have a vast number of citations, may not be widely studied, or not have many commercial antibody products available.
- If you have applied multiple filters try removing some. You can simply mouse over each filter
and click the X on the main search bar. We recommend adding most of your filters one at a time so you can evaluate your results at each step.
- Check both figures and products results tabs — sometimes there might not be any associated figures but there might be products and vice versa